Friday, September 24, 2010

For the Love of a Brother...

I'm about to be emotional and dramatic but brent knows thats how i do it. I just wanted to take sometime and show some love to a brother, my friend Brent. we're not positive but it looks like brent is facing a premature end to his peace corps volunteer service here in Guatemala. I'm not gonna bitch and complain about why he may be  goin home (done enough of that, amen) I'm just gonna take a moment to celebrate  my friendship with Brent, his friendships with everyone.. and his peace corps experience...
 When I think about you here, brother, i think of your friendships with your San Luis girls =) the only boy holding it down in his training town and the friendships you formed together with Claire, Kristin, and Lauren. Look  at you guys on Swear-in Day! Proud of you!
Our friendship is special to me because you understand what it means to be "DOPE". can i get an Amen?! you always had a good answer for my constant question to you, "hey, what's it like to be SO DOPE?" one time i believe you answered, "i don't know, you tell me" i giggled a little like a school girl. I call you brother, you call me sister, its a special thing...you might even say its dope....everytime we're together its daps, its hugs, its compliments, its awesome. I remember singing my song before swear in, and i wanna say you teared up a little bit...you may deny it if you'd like...you may. when i sang the lyrics..."sisters i can share my heart, and brothers Lord for me to love..." i was talking about YOU!

My fav training memory would have to be your kareoke performance with the ladies! held it downnnnn, my brother! another one would be the night you walked "camioneta rode" betty back to las carretas...details to be spared..LOL! good times...drinking in the hotel in tecpan...where my debut of the single ladies dance surfaced, and you were right there with that little video gagdet thing...SCRATCH THE KAREOKE THING (not in a bad way) but i give my favorite memory to GANGSTAS PARADISE!!!...."i live the life BAD GIRL what can i say?! " lol and can't forget playing soccer in PARRAMOS with the whole crew...its where i discovered i was a fly-ass soccer player and ran around trying to impress you and the other boys...lol
i also think of your BROTHERHOOD with Evan and Winfrey, u Alta boys r just the dopest out there. Theyve had your back  like crazy through this whole ordeal and i look forward to seeing what life has instore for you boys as ur friendships grow in the future!
I don't know much about your life as a healthy schools volunteer because STUPID site placement has put the distance between us, but i know what a hard worker you are and i can only IMAGINE how special you are to the kids. I know you got heart and you got passion, heard you were putting together 3 kitchens this month! i remember how you stepped up to take that Alta spot, i remember for me i couldnt do phase 1 cuz i wanted a partner so bad, but you knew this was YOUR pc experience, and you knew what you wanted...god brotha, u really do got it all!
Please understand this post is no sort of "despedida" its just to celebrate our friendship and our time together, u know me i love to show love. also to make a promise to you that NO MATTER WHAT comes to us in the future, we will ALWAYS be friends. Friendship is THE most important thing in my life and ive always been the type of girl to put an effort in to keep it fresh and keep it thriving. how DO you get a CALI boy to Boston...simple. be the dopest pcv's of all time. AMEN. 
Now I'll wrap it up with some lauryn hill lyrics for the admin...."u might win some but u just lost one, when its all done, wht did u really gain from what  u gon done...It's so silly..HOW COME?!?!?" love u brother!

1 comment: